Criminal Defense Attorneys in Edwards
Protecting Our Clients’ Rights in Criminal Cases
Have you been arrested or charged with a crime? The Edwards criminal defense lawyers at Heckman & O'Connor have been trying cases throughout the Western Slope for more than three decades. Although the vast majority of criminal matters are disposed of or plea-bargained without trial, you can rest assured that our attorneys have the experience and resources to provide the quality defense you deserve.
Representation in Colorado Criminal Cases
Our lawyers represent clients charged with a wide variety of criminal offenses throughout the state of Colorado.
The following are examples of the types of cases we handle:
- Department of Wildlife Violations – Hunting and fishing are economic staples of the Western Slope. Our attorneys are well versed in this area of law to effectively defend a client against criminal charges and handle license and interstate ramifications.
- Domestic Violence– This is a charging enhancer for alleged offenses that involve a partner in an intimate relationship. These cases often result in dismissals without conviction, as long as certain conditions are met.
- DUI/DWAI/DUID– DUI, DWAI, and DUID (Driving Under the Influence of Drugs) are often disposed of through deferred prosecution or judgments, which result in no criminal conviction. We have experience in license revocation, reinstatement, interstate, and probation matters.
- Drug Offenses – Often, these cases are plea-bargained. In many cases, arrests and court records can be sealed
- Felonies/Assault – A felony conviction has devastating effects on every area of life.
- Sealing of Records/Entry into Canada – A criminal record can interfere with your ability to pursue your career or travel freely. In many cases, arrest and criminal court records can be sealed. The type of charge and disposition of the case determine whether this remedy is possible in a specific case.
- Sexual Assault – This is a serious charge that can put the accused’s job and family life in jeopardy. Unfortunately, there are many false accusations and misdirected prosecutions in these cases. Our attorneys work to show that encounters were consensual or accusations are false or based on other motives, such as revenge.
Strategies, such as plea bargaining, deferred judgments, and sealing of records are tools used by our defense attorneys to resolve many criminal cases. However, these alternative remedies are not available in every situation.
Get Help from Qualified Defense Attorneys
When you need a criminal defense attorney, you can rely on our Edwards law firm for experienced legal representation and personal attention. In that time, we have earned the respect of our clients and peers in the legal community. Heckman & O'Connor is appointed by the State of Colorado to represent individuals when the public defender has a conflict, which speaks volumes about our firm’s skill and resources.
Contact our firm at 970-926-5991 to discuss your situation.